Friday, August 6, 2021

Resurrecting my dusty old blog

 Hello everyone, 

After what was probably entirely too much time hacking the mainframe to reset passwords, I have finally been able to access my old blogspot account.  I have recently been thinking about this old blog and how much I wanted to be a middle aged woman when I was 12.  Its probably fair to blame this on the fact that the most consistent socialization of my youth pre-highschool was with church ladies.  What a strong influence in my life.  

Well I am now a grown woman with a career and a drastically different lifestyle than the time period of these previous posts.  Bless middle school me.  Me returning to this blog feels like a way to cherish my past as well as mourn and celebrate how things now are so different.  I am a full adult, working full time in a stressful job and just stressful time in general.  My mom has passed and so much of these previous posts reflect all the time I was blessed to have with her.  They make me think about how she gave me the best childhood and how I carry so much of what she taught me in every day of my life now.  Her keeping us at home and teaching us allowed me to explore my own interests and be creative as much as possible. Although everyone can find some issue with the way they were brought up ( i have those too), I really feel honored to have had the kind of mother I did and to have the opportunity to be so close and spend so much time with her.  Every time I sit down to make something I think of her.  I often use her old sewing box or tools and I feel connected to her.  And writing here again also makes me think of all these wonderful memories.  

Today I am the same crafty little girl, just I have far less time to do it than I did in those long stretched out days of middle school. I love making things for my loved ones to enjoy. I still want to make an impact on those I interact with on a daily basis.  Sharing my joy and understanding with them, just as my mom gave me such a strong example of.  

So I plan to share thoughts, crafts, makes, tutorials etc on here.  I find this format so comforting and it doesn't have the same pressure of other platforms so here is where I shall stay. 


Kaylee 

No comments:

Post a Comment