Thursday, August 16, 2012

crochet: single crochet baby blanket

I have been wanting to crochet more, so when I found out one of my Bible study leaders was pregnent, I was super excited!  I decided to make a simple single crochet baby blanket with an edging.  I don't have a single crochet tutorial on my blog, but Annelise from Aesthetic Nest has a really great one here.  I only did one row of edging, but you can do as many as you like.




 yarn I used:
~  2 skien Lionsbrand Homespun in Mimos
~ 1skien I Love This Cotton in light purple

Pattern:

 blanket-
52 single crochet across 
96 rows  (aprox.)

 edging-
1 single crochet in every stich
3 single crochet in each corner stitch

So I basically just made a rectangle-y square.  (if that makes any sense at all) I made it how wide I wanted and the I just went until it was as long as I wanted.  It came out a pretty good size.  This won't work as a swaddling blanket, but possibly for a play mat, or to wrap up in a stroller for a walk.  If your a beginner, than  you can make a whole bunch for practice and keep them on hand to give as gifts.

                                      




I really liked this yarn for a baby blanket because: (1) It made the blanket pretty thick and squishy,(2) it was beautifully colored,(3) it will be warm for a winter baby.  Have fun trying out this super duper simple pattern!



Kaylee





No comments:

Post a Comment